OUR VISION AND MISSION
The organization believes that the full development of every Filipino and their families is based on a holistic development which is physical, psychological, mental and spiritual. UMANGAT upholds that the real solution to the problem of forced migration of the Filipino working class lies in addressing the root cause of the problem: massive poverty. This will be realized after a continuous consciousness raising, critical study, organized action and the organizing itself of the Filipino migrants. It also works in partnership with Migrante Partylist Italy chapter.
VISION: A society which is united, respectful, conscious of its cultural, sexual, religious and political beliefs differences.
- To uphold and protect the rights and expertise of migrant workers and their families.
- To conduct critical studies and analysis of the migrant
- To mobilize actions and campaigns that will motivate active participation in the decision making.
- To strengthen the unity among other Filipino organizations and with the other races in Italy and abroad.
- To uphold and enrich the indigenous values and culture of Filipinos.